Direct Hire - Internal Medicine / Family Practice - Georgia
Family Practice / Internal Medicine Physician Needed in Central Georgia.
Location – Central Georgia
Practice Type- Family Practice / Correctional Medicine
Start Date – As soon as credentialing is complete
We have an immediate need for a Family Practice / Internal Medicine Physician for a hospital located in Central Georgia. Below are additional details:
- Inpatient & Outpatient
- Call required and to be determined
- Supervise Mid-Level Provider
Ensure public safety by effectively managing offenders and providing opportunities for positive change. House female offenders of all security levels; maintains an in-house, six month Residential Substance Abuse Treatment (RSAT) program, supports a Correctional Industries garment plant, houses Level II outpatient Mental Health offenders as well as a Faith and Character Based Living Unit. Host facility for the Bleckley Probation Detention Center and release site for Sex-Offenders.
Consists of four buildings with 48 double rooms to house up to 96 per building; two buildings with double and triple rooms to house up to 120 per building, one building has single and double rooms and houses up to 106 offenders; eight of those rooms are handicap-accessible rooms. One building houses up to 30 isolation/segregation cells for up to 43 offenders along with an intake unit, which houses 58. Two buildings consisting of 96 double- bunked rooms up to 192 per building. This facility also houses a C.E.R.T. Team.
I. POSITION TITLE: GCHC Physician
II. SUPERVISED BY: Medical Director
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Experienced as a staff physician for greater than or equal to 2 years. Licensed to practice as a medical or osteopathic physician in the State of Georgia. Must have current DEA number. Board eligible or board certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or OB/Gynecology. Must have current CPR and ACLS certification. Correctional healthcare experience preferred. Experience in managed care preferred. Good physical and mental health; able to work under pressure; relate well to patients, security staff, visitors and co-workers.
IV. GENERAL DUTIES:
• Supervise the delivery of healthcare services by mid-level providers.
• Delivers healthcare services to a fixed group of patients.
• Performs all essential managerial functions related to the mid-level providers including the following: staffing assignments; schedules; leave requests; disciplinary procedures; promulgation of current SOP' s and LOP' s; performance appraisals; clinically relevant training, including distribution of contemporary educational material; development and implementation of policies to ensure the effective and efficient execution of the mid-levels duties; interviewing prospective candidates in conjunction with the Medical Director.
• Monitors the current transient, outpatient and clinic activities.
• Review all intake records and randomly assigns cases to individual physicians or mid-level providers as appropriate.
• Coordinates continuity of care for inmates. This includes facilitation of admissions or transfers.
• Performs quarterly reviews on outpatient records for clinical encounters for both mid-level providers and physicians.
• Monitors and anticipates current and future needs and communicates this with the Medical Director and the GCHC Medical Director.
• Reviews the processes through which emergency services are delivered in the Clinics to ensure compliance with the currently accepted standards for care.
• Reviews all consultations request forms.
• Participates in the call schedule.
• Acts as the designee of the Medical Director in their absence.
• Performs all other relevant duties as assigned by the Medical Director.
• Meets regularly with Medical Director.
To ensure the delivery of standard care to patients through; consultative, diagnostic or therapeutic services, to include pre-and post -operative care.
- BE / BC