Direct Hire - Internal Medicine / Family Practice - Georgia
West Central, GA
Family Practice / Internal Medicine Physician Needed in West Central Georgia.
Location – West Central Georgia
Practice Type- Family Practice / Correctional Medicine
Start Date – As soon as credentialing is complete
We have an immediate need for a Family Practice / Internal Medicine Physician for a hospital located in West Central Georgia. Below are additional details:
- Inpatient & Outpatient
- Call required and to be determined
- Supervise Mid-Level Provider
The State Prison consists of seven buildings, each divided into two separate units with forty-eight cells per unit. Fourteen of the units include double cells. Two additional units include forty-eight isolation cells and forty-eight segregation cells. The prison has a maximum capacity of 1440 inmates. Included in those seven buildings is the medical infirmary, which has ten beds and a medical staff that can perform a wide range of medical procedures. The medical staff is responsible for the overall health and well-being of the prisoners and the other staff members. There is also a ten-man fire department on the prison grounds, which takes care of fires at the prison, and also serves as the local fire department for the surrounding towns. Also located on the prison grounds are several houses that are designated specifically for important prison workers, such as the Warden. The Warden' s house is located on the prison grounds for easy access in case of an emergency, such as a prisoner riot or prisoner escape.
I. POSITION TITLE: GCHC Physician
II. SUPERVISED BY: Medical Director
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Experienced as a staff physician for greater than or equal to 2 years. Licensed to practice as a medical or osteopathic physician in the State of Georgia. Must have current DEA number. Board eligible or board certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or OB/Gynecology. Must have current CPR and ACLS certification. Correctional healthcare experience preferred. Experience in managed care preferred. Good physical and mental health; able to work under pressure; relate well to patients, security staff, visitors and co-workers.
IV. GENERAL DUTIES:
• Supervise the delivery of healthcare services by mid-level providers.
• Delivers healthcare services to a fixed group of patients.
• Performs all essential managerial functions related to the mid-level providers including the following: staffing assignments; schedules; leave requests; disciplinary procedures; promulgation of current SOP' s and LOP' s; performance appraisals; clinically relevant training, including distribution of contemporary educational material; development and implementation of policies to ensure the effective and efficient execution of the mid-levels duties; interviewing prospective candidates in conjunction with the Medical Director.
• Monitors the current transient, outpatient and clinic activities.
• Review all intake records and randomly assigns cases to individual physicians or mid-level providers as appropriate.
• Coordinates continuity of care for inmates. This includes facilitation of admissions or transfers.
• Performs quarterly reviews on outpatient records for clinical encounters for both mid-level providers and physicians.
• Monitors and anticipates current and future needs and communicates this with the Medical Director and the GCHC Medical Director.
• Reviews the processes through which emergency services are delivered in the Clinics to ensure compliance with the currently accepted standards for care.
• Reviews all consultations request forms.
• Participates in the call schedule.
• Acts as the designee of the Medical Director in their absence.
• Performs all other relevant duties as assigned by the Medical Director.
• Meets regularly with Medical Director.
To ensure the delivery of standard care to patients through; consultative, diagnostic or therapeutic services, to include pre-and post -operative care.
- BE / BC