Locums - Interventioal Cardiology - MN.
Location – Minneopolis
Practice Type- Interventional Cardiology
Period of Performance – 09/01/2019 - 08/01/2020
Deadline - Febuary 4th, 2019
We have an immediate need for an On-Call Interventioal Cardiologist for a VA hospital located in Minneapolis. Below are additional details:
Facility Overview and Requirements
VA Business Hours: The Minneapolis VAHCS is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Administrative offices general hours of operation are Monday thru Friday 8: 00AM - 4: 30PM.
Schedule: Contractor will provide on-call Interventional Cardiologist services for the Minneapolis VAHCS for up to 9 weekdays a month and up to 2 weekends a month allocating emergency coverage and ensuring uninterrupted call coverage at all required times.
Week Night Call Coverage: Monday through Friday. Begins at 5: 00 pm and ends at 7: 00 am the next morning.
Weekend Call Coverage: Begins at 7: 00 am on Saturday up to Monday 7: 00 am on following Monday. Holiday Call Coverage: 7: 00 am – 7: 00 am the next day. On-Site Procedures: Required to provide onsite procedures while on call, as needed.
Call coverage will be compensated for carrying the pager. If Contractor' s physician(s) are called onsite to the Minneapolis VAHCS to perform a procedure service while on-call, the procedure rate will also be paid.
- Contractor' s physician(s) will provide the Minneapolis VAHCS Cardiology staff with on-call availability at least 15 business days in advance of a new quarter for scheduling purposes. (December 15th for January-March schedule, March 15th for April-June schedule, June 15th for July-September schedule, September 15th for October-December schedule).
- Call Schedule: The call schedule will be completed and published on a quarterly basis (January-March, April-June, July-September and October-December) by the Cardiology staff.
- On-call contractor' s physician(s) must be available at all times while on-call for phone consultations with VA Fellows and Physicians. 184.108.40.206. Contractor' s physician(s) must see patients at the MVAHCS within 30 minutes of onsite procedure decision being made.
- Federal Holidays: The following holidays are observed by the Department of Veterans Affairs: • New Year' s Day • President' s Day • Martin Luther King' s Birthday • Memorial Day • Independence Day • Labor Day • Columbus Day • Veterans Day • Thanksgiving • Christmas • Any day specifically declared to be a national holiday.
- Cancellations – Unless a state of emergency has been declared, the Contractors physician(s) shall be responsible for providing on-call services as scheduled.
Scope of Care: Contractor' s physician(s) shall be responsible for providing interventional cardiology on-call and on-site consultative and procedural services for cardiac catheterization and interventional cardiology procedures, including, but not limited to pericardiocentesis, endocardial biopsies, placement of intra-aortic balloon devices and other mechanical support devices, percutaneous revascularization procedures, including: balloon angioplasty, atherectomy, endoluminal coronary stenting, intravascular ultrasound, intra-coronary Doppler flow velocity measurements, rhyolitic thrombectomy, and management of patients prior to, during, and following their percutaneous revascularization procedure, high risk coronary and peripheral vascular percutaneous procedures.
Contractor' s physician(s) shall provide on-call consulting services; onsite Interventional Cardiology services including diagnostic and interventional procedures as needed.
- Contractor' s physician(s) shall have appropriate management, consultation and clinical skills to perform a broad range of clinical care, related cardiac treatments and special procedures varying in complexity.
- Provide professional guidance and ensuring appropriate, effective delivery of care and treatment methodology for MVAHCS Cardiology patients.
- Cardiology service for diagnostic and other complex cardiac procedures, including pre-procedure evaluations and post-procedure outcomes.
- Technically directs catheter based cardiac cases in a close team care framework. Secures and assures similar technical direction by qualified cardiac specialists for cases requiring specialized expertise.
- Possess collaborative skills sufficient to work effectively with physicians from referral specialties.
- Concurrent call is acceptable due to limited availability of Interventional Cardiologists. The contracted on-call Interventional Cardiologist may provide call services concurrently with the MVAHCS.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.