Locums - LCSW - North Carolina
Banner Elk, NC
Location – North West NC.
Practice Type- Non-Profit Organization
Start Date – 01/11/2019 - As soon as credentialing is complete
We have an immediate need for an LCSW for a non-profit organization located in North Western Carolina. Below are additional details:
- Permanent Placement/ Direct Hire is preferred (5 Days a week/ 40 Hrs).
- Temp to Perm Accepted (3 days a week/ 8 hour days).
- Travel Accepted (3 days a week/ 8 hour days).
- Case Load: 9 Clients (youth ages 11-17, boys and girls) exception would be 2 x 45min Sessions (individual and/or family with each client per week).
- Group Therapy Sessions: 3 each week (can spread these requirments out over the 3 days).
- Team Meetings: 1-1.5 Hours/ month/ youth.
- EMR: Cocentrics (Training twice a month)
The Facility serves children and families throughout North Carolina. We work hard to provide a safe, healing journey for hurting children and families, creating hope now and in the future. Our comprehensive services and programs are designed to give hope to our clients by providing a safe home, healing their hurt and encouraging a healthy start.
The Facility is a non-profit organization that has provided services to more than 3, 600 children, families and individuals in 2015. The Facility provides an array of services for children, families and individuals throughout North Carolina.
BLS, CPR, TCI
Facility will Provide TMF Training
The Facility is looking for a great mission minded team member to work as Residential Therapist to help to provide a safe, healing journey for hurting children and families, creating hope now and in the future. If you want more meaning in your career; this is an incredible opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and families.
The Residential Therapist develops, coordinates/directs and participates in the implementation of the treatment program for clients within Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities (PRTF) programs and other assigned residential treatment programs.
- Provides services within the framework of the mental health core competencies including Technical Knowledge, Interpesonal Skills, Cultural Awareness, Analytical Skills, Clinical Skills, Communication Skills and Decision Making Skills.
- Complete Comprehensive Clincal Assessments, Person Centered Plans, NCTOPPS, Service Notes and other required documentation as necessary for authorization of treatment.
- Provide individual, group and family therapy to clients as outlined in the NC DHHS service definitions and program schedules.
- Ensure compliance with organizational, licensure, and accreditation standards in assigned program.
- Work with the Clinical and Residential Director to ensure that all aspects of the treatment program meets or exceeds the appropriate standards and provisions of North Carolina licensing, North Carolina mental health endorsement, Service Definitions, JCAHO accreditation, and CABHA accreditation.
- Assess safety of youth, family strengths, and needs.
- Direct the planning and delivery of services for caseload regarding admission, treatment, and discharge.
- Participate in client treatment team meetings and review of client' s progression toward treatment goals.
- Create treatment goals and assist in periodic review and modification of goals to fit current needs of clients.
- Develop interventions to be used within the milieu and monitor implementation of interventions.
- Maintain regular communication with families and legally responsible person(s).
- Maintain daily contact with Program Managers for the assigned clients, their current therapy progress, and treatment plans.
- Respond to client crises through On Call rotation scheduled for on-site crisis response to significant clinical issues.
- Participate in weekly Clinical Meetings.
- Participate in the development of teamwork within the clinical team through shared responsibility for guiding treatment discussions at team meetings, problem solving, and structured feedback, as necessary.
- Supervise interning MSW, BSW, mental health counseling, and psychology clinical interns when applicable.
- Prepare reports, notes, authorizations, and reviews in a timely, clear, and concise manner.
- Prepare needed reports for internal and external use with partnering agencies (i.E., DSS, DJJ, MCOs).
- Complete specialized training in assigned areas.
Therapist demonstrates an ability to review, interpret, and include client assessments in case conceptualization of treatment plan. Includes internal and external CCA' s, PCPs, Medical Evaluations, and Psychological Testing.
How will competency be measured? At hire review of staff member' s first client admission for evidence that inclusion of collateral information is included in client assessment, progress notes, and treatment plan. Annual review of 5 client records for evidence that inclusion of collateral information is included in client assessment, progress notes, and treatment plan.
- The Residential Therapist is directly responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of client treatment within the PRTF and other assigned Residential programs.
- Masters or Doctorate Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling.
- North Carolina Licensure as LCSW, LPA, Psychologist (doctorate level), LPC, or LMFT
- Prefer candidate is rostered with the North Carolina Child Treatment Program to provide Trauma Informed Cognitive Behavioral Therapy services.
- At least two years of experience with population under clinical supervision.
- Incumbent must have a valid driver' s license and driving record with no more than three violations in the last three years.